lauren.

Beautiful Biodiversity

Before the spring break, we were given a task to complete. This task was to think about what Canada means to us. To start off this project, 2 ladies came to talk to us. They worked for the Here’s My Canada Contest. To enter this contest, you needed to make a video about what Canada means to you. I will talk about that later on. The ladies came and asked us what Canada meant to us. They asked my class one by one what Canada meant to them.

It took me a while to figure out what Canada meant to me. Most of the people I talked to said that Canada to them meant diversity between cultures. I decided not to do that, because I wanted my video to be different and unique. I decided on making my video about biodiversity. I decided on this topic because I really like animals and plants, which is almost the definition of biodiversity. Plants and animals have always interested me. That is why I chose biodiversity.

This is my first draft:

To make this video, I used iMovie. I added pictures and did a voiceover. To make my voiceover, I first wrote out a paragraph of what Canada meant to me. Then, I inserted it onto my video. The music I first chose was one of the offered songs in iMovie. I thought it was pretty cheesy, but I had no other music. Then I figured out that you can make your own music in Garage Band, so that’s what I did. I made my own song and inserted it into my video. I also added more pictures into my final draft, because I thought thought that my first draft was lacking content. Than I finished my final draft, and here it is.

As you can see, there is a big difference between my first and final draft. Maybe this post will inspire you to make your own video of what Canada means to you.

laurenf • March 31, 2017