lauren.

Steampunk?

Steampunk. What weird name. You are probably wondering what it is. Well, it is a genre, and an aesthetic. I combined vintage with the future, the Victorian era, but with mythical creature made from metal, all that jazz. If you want to an in depth explanation of what it is, this is not the place, but you can find out more here. Over all, steampunk has lots of exposed gears, copper, brass, gold colours, futuristic, vintage, and much more.

We have been given the task to come with a question about anything steampunk related. I chose the question ‘Who was the creator of steampunk?’ I chose this question because I wanted to know who was behind all of the clothing and machines. So, this is the answer I got.

Steampunk was originally created by a man named K. W. Jeter, in 1987. He is the author of Morlock Night. He used this term to describe a genre of fiction where everything is driven by steam, not electricity. The word also comes from the genre of cyberpunk.

This is K. W. Jeter

Since Jeter created the genre, it has become a very popular genre, however, there are still many people that have no clue what it is. In my opinion, I think it is a very expressive, and artistic aesthetic, but you would most likely not catch me wearing it:)

laurenf • December 1, 2017