We Will Prevail

If you were to only listen to fear-mongering, dark times of polarization and isolationism have descended over the world. You may think there is no way to bridge the gap between the great divides in society. You might even believe that hatred and bigotry are a human condition that we must live with. You […]

Read more "We Will Prevail"

Misogynist

I have been pondering a wide collection of challenging questions in my effort to build a comprehensive outline for my humanities project. The questions that have given me the most pause involved discussion of misogyny in our society. Systemic misogyny is one of the most powerful tools that society uses to oppress women. The […]

Read more "Misogynist"

Election SZN

With the American election fast approaching I have been chronicling the changing voting power of women. Since their enfranchisment in Canada, they have seen their power in elections continuously increase. In my research for my continuity and change paper I come across an interesting article written by FiveThirtyEight.   The article was a statistical analysis […]

Read more "Election SZN"

What is Marriage?

Marriage has been a defining institution since the dawn of civilization. The first law’s to mention marriage were in Ancient Egypt 4000 years ago. The definition of marriage has been adjusted thousands of times since its inception. In class, we watched the above video about the history of marriage as part of our investigation of […]

Read more "What is Marriage?"

The Importance of Deep Thought

The world is filled with quick short attention tasks. Whether it is scrolling through an Instagram feed or a youtube video, they provide you with a surface level stimulus. For those who look to challenge their minds, you must look at other texts. “Literature is an expression of society just like the word is the […]

Read more "The Importance of Deep Thought"

Forgotten Tales of the Cove

The first white settlers arrived in the Deep Cove in 1889, and their appearance changed the area forever. Many events followed helped build the beautiful community that I call home today. I studied the local history of Deep Cove for the Marking History. The goal of the project was to build a walking tour with […]

Read more "Forgotten Tales of the Cove"

Uncharted Territory

The latest school term has been one of the most intriguing in all my life. The switch to online school was challenging and interesting in the changing dynamics of reality. It has been hard to learn in most classes but I must say how well my PLP class has done through this time. We have […]

Read more "Uncharted Territory"

An Atomic Conclusion

Lessons, examples, and challenges tied the book Atomic Habits have been the years PGP curriculum. In the year’s final project, we reviewed our previous work and explored the ideas covered in the book so we could create an artifact that showed our learning and understanding of the topic. The project gave creative leeway in creating […]

Read more "An Atomic Conclusion"

Modern Society

When studying the civil rights movement it is common to mistake the end of the story with the signing of the civil rights act of 1968. The assassination of Martin Luther King spurred legislation that was seen as the follow up to the civil rights act of 1964. Following the death of Martin Luther King […]

Read more "Modern Society"