Hello everyone,

This blogpost is about our frankenstuffie unit. This project was a really big project so let me break it down for you. We started by learning about who’s in charge people or the environment.

The first part of starting this project was finding out what group we were going to be in and what animal we wanted to choose. We learned about physical regions in Canada.

I was in the St.Lawrence lowlands group. When we got our group we did some research about what animal we wanted to use. Then we needed to find out what problem was going to occur to change the way the environment was working in our region. I learned about the carbon cycle and I decided that was most fitting for my region.

The second part was when we had to start writing our stories. We really focused on what makes a good story and brings it to life. We divided our stories into 6 episodes. We wrote the story in epistolary style just like the book the Martian( you should definitely read that book it’s really good). We used the book as a tool in this project to help us learn who’s in charge.

Going to get back on track now and say that each episode had a different task. Introduction, rising action (x2), climax, falling action, conclusion, those were our 6 journal entry parts. This process was very hard but we had lot’s of time to help us create a good story. After we finished writing all those journal entries we had our peers critic it. Here I will show you some of my work.

The third part was making a script. We had to transform our journal entries into a script told from a different perspective. Basically we made our story from being from the animals perspective to being a narrators perspective. This took a while because we wanted to make our scripts as detailed as possible so when we had to film it would be easier for us. I added in most of my shots and camera angles because we were told the less post production the better and easier for us. After the script was finished we got some help full feedback from partners. Let me show you some of the script.

The fourth part was to create a storyboard. We took our scripts and created a storyboard with it. We got a template given to us on ITunes U. This storyboard was really rough it was to help us have an exact idea and a reference for when I’m making the movie. In my storyboard I had 30 panels to explain my different shots and events in the story. After we finished the storyboard we got our teacher to give the finally critic before filming. Here take a look at my storyboard.

Finally it was time to make the frankenstuffie movie. Everyone was freaking out about using the green screen trying to make it perfect, so instead I used explain everything. I made the first half of the story up until our stuffie changes into a frankenstuffie. Take a look at that draft.

Then when we got the approval that we could cut our stuffier and finish this project I started the second half. When the movie was done I got some critic by my peers and my video was to long and not ready so I did some editing and just like that I was finished with the last draft and my frankenstuffie movie was complete. Here take a look for yourself.

That project was very long and stressful. I personally feel like we didn’t have enough time and that I could do so much better next time but for now it’s time to work on another project.