Comic Cells blog post

This is how I solved the driving question for the comic cells Scimatics project.  The driving question for this project is: how are life processes performed at the cellular level.

I will write the answer to this at the bottom of my post.  For this project we had to make a comic book about a virus or photosynthesis.

Here is the finished comic book

This is my review and process of creating the comic book.

I think that if I were to do it again then I would spend more time on the rough draft.

I think that the rhinovirus looks pretty cool, and I am proud of it.

The Curricular Competencies for this project are:

1. Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest.

This means that all class time is used for learning and creating a comic book story about cellular processes and/or diseases.

I didn’t do the best on this competency because I got distracted a few times when I was supposed to be doing my work a few times.

2)   Scientific communication: communicate ideas, findings, and solutions to problems using scientific language, representations, and digital technologies

This means that correct vocabulary and accurate diagrams are used. At least 10 interesting science vocabulary words are included in the story.

I think I did okay with this competency as I purposely integrated quite a few scientific words into my final comic book.

3)    Evaluating: Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of evidence

This means that cell/bacteria/virus characters interact in a scientific way. Symptoms and logical outcomes of the chosen disease/cellular/ body process are integrated into the story.

I did okay with this competency because I showed how the virus infects the cell to spread throughout the body

The steps that I took to make this game were:

Milestone 1:  For this milestone we made a mind map of information about cells

Milestone 2:  For this milestone we made a disease wanted poster which I will show here

Milestone 3:  For this milestone we did a test on cells

Milestone 4:  For this milestone we made a rough draft for our comic book

Milestone 5:  For this milestone we made our comic book which I displayed at the top

Milestone 6:  For this milestone we made the blog post which I am doing right now.

As the answer to the driving question, life processes are preformed through conversion of energy through cells.

I learned a lot about the rhinovirus and common cold in this project

I have a picture of the finished comic book at the top.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, and have a great day.