It’s the end of our world as we know it

Hi guys today I’m going to reflect on a project that I just finished called “the end of our world”. In this project we were asked to remake a song called “its the end of the world” by REM, and the driving question for this project is “Who or what has challenged your worldview in the transition from elementary school to high school?”

In this project we first started off with an activity that is related to memes, we were asked to make a meme about expected vs reality. And a week after we were studying things that happened in renaissance, we studied about the scientific method, the famous people, what changed and what stayed the same and mainly about the history. Almost about another week later we finally started doing our actual project. 

As I already said we were asked to sing a song, and the song itself is our final product. So we sang twice, the first time we wrote our own lyrics and recorded by ourselves, and the second time we combined two or three people’s lyrics and recorded together, which was a part of our final product, and the other part was about the video, me and my partners sent all of our photos from grade seven to grade eight to a group chat and then I created a video with our song. Lastly I posted our video to YouTube and handed it in to my teacher. 

The whole class watched all our songs together and it was great!!! A lot of people’s final products were better than my group but most were worse, so I still feel pretty confident our my work.

Now it’s milestones reflection time!!

these are the competencies that I used in this project

Create: What literacy skills am I using to write, speak, and represent in the texts I create? for create, I used my literacy skill on writing my lyrics, speaking and representing skills on sing out the song and editing it out.

Cause and Consequence: Who or what influenced events to occur and what were the consequences of those events? My group members influenced me when we were recording the song together by giving me good suggestions, like turn up the volume of my voice and stuff, also the  teacher has given me a lot of advice as well, such as make a title and an end scene for the video. But after all, the comments that I received gave me a lot of supports, and I fixed most of them after which made my final product even better.

Milestone1 :MindNode

From this to that

The purpose of this task was to identify some major changes of my worldview.

Some thing that I could’ve done better was probably put in more effort, my first draft that I handed in was way to brief, and the second one was much better.

Milestone2 :song lyrics 

The purpose of this task was to fill up the blanks with the ideas that we brainstormed on our MindNode. And I did this pretty well, but some parts just didn’t make sense so I had to redo it and hand in.

Milestone3 :final individual songs

The purpose of this task was to record and sing the song lyrics that we wrote ourselves. I never really sing, but I did okay this time, maybe I’ll try to be more loud next time.

Milestone4 :Renaissance worldview piece 

The purpose of this task was to check our understanding of renaissance, each group did an research of something my was the scientific method, and we wrote about what it is and what did we do to learn about it. I did really well and specific.

Milestone5 :final group song 

We combined our songs and made a YouTube video of it.

One Reply to “It’s the end of our world as we know it”

1. Hey randy
    I think that your blog was quite good. I think that you were clear with your words and you were very interest. I also like the way that you put all the milestones and what you did in them. Keep up the good work.