🌲Hello and welcome back to the forest of learning! Today you will be seeing my process on how I completed all of my drafts.🌲

Before we started on the actual we started on the advertisement part, We learned about different advertising terms, techniques, appeals and reviewed some “bad ads” and “good ads” to see what we should and shouldn’t do. We learned about fonts, layout, colour theory, wording and a lot more. As well as learning about different types of media.

Here are some notes I took throughout this phase:

Once we got an understanding of media and advertisement techniques, we started to think about which business we wanted to advertise for. We decided with our North group that we were going to take on Bluhouse market + cafe, a lovely organic coffee shop. We spent time researching about the business and making mood boards to inspire our future ad. We were than introduced to our “Team Launch Journal” where we constantly updated and filled out as we went. 

Here were some mood boards I created:

Before we started on our advertisements, we worked on our photography skills with our east group. We were told to take photos in different Angles and perspectives to practice photography on the iPad. 

Here were some photos me and my east group took:

After we practiced photography, we played around with the app “Canva” where we would be making our advertisements on. We then reached out to Bluhouse, and got some guidelines so we could start on the ad! Now that we can start on the fun part: making the ads! With our guidelines in place, we were later instructed to advertise Bluhouse’s new online grocery cart (more info here). I played around with different fonts, colours, styles, stickers, and since we hadn’t taken any of our own yet – photos from Bluhouse’s website. 

Here is how my first draft turned out:

Once everyone in our north group had finished our first advertisements, we critiqued each other’s advertisements. And after my critique’s my next round of drafts were very diverse, giving many options to choose from. 

Here were my second round of drafts:

I picked my favourite advertisement, and then worked hard to make sure it was as aesthetically appealing as possible, while also making sense, and making sure it is readable. There was a specific one I liked, and made lots of revisions to, until I remembered I needed to include photos our group took. So that weekend, I took photographs for my whole group to use.

Here were the photos I took:

and here are the drafts:

Once I had taken my photos, I went on to my third and final round of drafts. Including my own photography, and better layout. I gathered feedback, and completed my design.

Here was my third draft:

and finally, after my last critiques, my final draft.

Here was my full process from my 1st draft, to my 13th!

as always, thank you for watching me grow in the forest of 

🌲learning🌲