Saving Juno Beach

Have you ever wondered why it’s so important that we preserve the past? Well, in the latest PLP humanities project, we learned that and much more, from D-Day to guided missiles and The Battle of The Atlantic. So, without further ado, here is the post.

The first thing we did in this project was to learn about WW2: why is was caused, what happened in the war, the motives behind the different sides, and much more. We learned about it using a slideshow the teacher made and took notes on.

Once we all had good foundation knowledge on WW2 worked on our first assignment, which was a write up on why the battle of the Atlantic was significant. Here is mine:

The Battle of the Atlantic

The next step was the first keystone of the project. I was tasked to make a 3-point argument on why WW2 was significant for Canada. After some research, I came up with this:

Keystone 1: Historical Significance

The next keystone was a rhetorical analysis of a text and a table that is supposed to help with the planning of my final paragraph. I found the first part f the activity very helpful practice, but thee second part was less helpful to me. Here is the analysis:

Rhetorical Analysis

The final part of this project was the actual paragraph, which we developed through the writing process, starting with a thesis, then expanding into more than one paragraph, and finally editing to make it as compelling and fluent as possible.

Thesis

Then, I wrote a multi paragraph essay and got many peer critiques.

and finally, I ended up with this multi paragraph essay:

Final Essay

Thanks for reading this post! This project wasn’t super eventful or interesting to me personally because there was a lot of writing involved, but it is very valuable to learn about our history. Anyways, see you in the next post, bye.