How has the portrayal Louis Riel changed throughout time?

Welcome back to my blog!

These past few weeks me and my class have been leering about a very important member in Canadian history , none other than Louis Riel! Our driving question for this project was: ”How has the portrayal Louis Riel changed over time?”

That is a very intestine question so in order to answer it we fist had to lean a bit about Riel. 

To get to know his story we watched multiple videos as well as textbook pages and more, all these different sources help me gain an understanding of Louis and his story. Many different people have different options on Louis and wile many people see him as a good person today who has brought justice to the Métis, many people back then saw Louis as cray and a threat to the government witch one of the reasons he was hung. In the end I learned Louis was very passionate for his people and he sacrificed himself for the Métis. 

Another part of this project was learning and practicing using more meaningful and interesting words in our paragraphs. For example, instead of using the word “bad” you can look deeper and use words like or like flawed or dreadful. Using words like these expand your sentences by making them more interesting and engaging. 

This skill later helped me in my final paragraphs answering the driving sentence.

These are the revisions I got on my draft.

Here is my final paragraph👇

In conclusion, It’s interesting to see how Louis Riel’s perspective from the public has changed over the years. Initially, he was seen as a rebel and a traitor by some, but now many recognize him as a Métis leader and a symbol of resistance. It’s interesting how our understanding of historical figures can evolve over time!

See you next time!