โœฐ๐˜—๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜›๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ตโœฐ

Hey, welcome to my first blog post! The game of exponents laws was a super interesting project. We created a game that is based off of the laws of exponents, and at the end we had people come and play our games. We started small with the dice rolling game where in groups we quickly came up with simple dice games that followed one exponent law. This task was especially important because it helped us get used to writing detailed instructions which was definitely an important skill towards the end of the project.

wilhei / Pixabay

After that we continued to build knowledge about exponents and exponent laws to help us use them in our game. Soon after that it was time to get partnered up and start brainstorming ideas for this game. Figuring out how to create a game and on top of that using exponent laws was tough but my partner (Meg) and I were up for the task. My thought process started with thinking of games I already knew and how they work. Take UNO for example, its a game where players take turns, and the object of the game is to get rid of all your cards. This led me to believe that all good games have a goal or an objective. What was the object of our game gonna be? We eventually decided the goal or objective would be to gain the most points (pretty simple right?), well the next step was not quite as simple. We had to find a way to get to the objective, this would include setup, game pieces, how players would take their turns, and of course exponents! Finally we put all these things together and created our first draft! The first draft describes a rather confusing game where players create their own powers with cards and try to defeat the dealer while also trying to gain points (like I said, it was pretty confusing).

Luckily the next step was to revise our first draft and create our second draft. This was a great time for meg and I to make all the adjustments needed to create the perfect game. And so by the second draft we had a pretty good game outlined and we were ready for the next step. It was time to test our game on our classmates. This step really helped us make some final adjustments with the help of our classmates critique. That brought us to creating the final game.

And then, the moment we were all waiting for, game day! The whole project had led up to this day and we were so ready. Another grade nine class came in to play our games an it was super fun! The hard work payed off and we learned so much along they way. We spent the class play our final game which we called PLOT TWIST! One of the most important things I learned from this project (aside from exponents and exponent laws) was that receiving critique from other people can really help you make important changes to your work. Sometimes a different point of view can greatly improve what you have created! In this project, when we brought our second draft to some classmates they told us what they like and what we could change to make it better. This helped so much in creating our final game. Overall I think it was a super cool project, I had fun and learned a lot in the process!