Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner”

Humanities

I really enjoyed humanities this semester because we did a lot of physical creations and I like working with my hands. Here are some of the projects we did:

Frankenstuffies

Board game

Museum exhibition

Maker

During Maker this year we really focused on making videos, every project was a video. I love making videos so I thought it would be great, but I found I struggled sometimes during this project. I think I struggled because I was used to making videos only 30-60 seconds long but these videos had to be detailed and longer. After some practice though I think some of my work really came out well.

Another reason I struggled in making these videos was because we used new techniques I wasn’t used to like:

– Stop motion

– Interviews

– Self reflection

– And using Memojis

Science

This year science felt way harder than last year, it felt more like work then just a fun easy class but I still enjoyed most of it. Here are some of the projects we did:

Asexual reproduction comics

Interactive ecosystem web

Ecosystem web

Periodic table of elements explanation

😱Goals!😱

Lastly I’d like to talk about goals, which is rare for me because I don’t usually like making goals. Before this year goals scared me, every time we were forced to make them in school I never knew what to say. I also didn’t want to set any goals, I just said it was because I hated them but I’ve come to the realization that I didn’t hate them I was scared of them because I feared failure. Making a goal creates the opportunity to not succeed this goal and I hated that. If I did come succeed my goal then I was disappointed in myself. After realizing this fear I want to change it because I know goals can also create new skills and accomplishments. My plan to break this cycle of goal hating is to set some real goals that I promise I will follow through with. The first goal I planned was made a few weeks ago, I remembered that the awards are going to be declared for school and that I want to get one. I received a ‘Excellence in physical and heath education’ award last year and I am working towards getting another. I really tried to prove myself in gym class over the past few weeks and I hope I will get that award soon. I am not afraid to set this goal and I am not worried to say that allowed anymore. Another goal is over the summer I will teach myself to be able to do a pull up. I have been going to the gym for a few months and I know my upper body strength is lacking and I cannot do a pull up, so I will learn over summer break! One last thing, I will get all A’s next year! It shocked me that this year I was able to get so many A’s so I plan on being a straight A student next year.

I think this shows my growth throughout this year well because I have finally started to break through my stupid hatred of goals. I hope that this will help me next year in PLP.

Thank you for listening and good bye grade 9!