Have you ever torn an apart a couple stuffies, took the different parts and sewed them back together to create a Frankenstuffie? Here’s the creative chaos of learning about The Rise of the Frankenstuffies, Humanities project. 

Here is Gertrude:

Driving Question: How do we as writers make our message clear and engaging to an audience?

To make our message clear and engaging you have to know who your target audience is. Having a variety and your own unique message can make more people be interested then just one particular audience. Make it engaging by having fun and creative titles, descriptions, and organized layout. The message being unique that others have not seen something like it before, so they would wanted read or watch it. Along with that add a couple relatable things to keep people engaged. A balance between uniqueness and relatability makes the message sharper. Having an almost equal amount of text and media can make people more interested too.

To start off the project and guide the way I first created my Frankenstuffie. Taking apart different stuffies, (like their limbs, head, or tail) to sew them back together to create an interesting looking creature. When that was created that was when everything else came into the picture. I then made a character description of my stuffy named Gertrude. Using that information, I formed a story about her and an adventure she went on. But first to get a better understanding about my Frankenstuffie, my class and I started reading the book The Leviathan. Creatures in the book were very similar to the Frankenstuffie’s because they were made up of different animals by humans. To recognize the concept of the book, for every ten chapters I would get with my group and we would all share our questions about the book. Finishing up the reading, sketching out a storyboard, starting to create the short story, all lead to making a video of my short story. 

Throughout this project I did an okay job with managing my time. When I needed to read the chapters by certain a times and hand the different things in, I did on time. Although sometimes I would make myself read 6 chapters on the weekend and the other two during the week. When reading the book it gave me a good idea of how I was going to make my story and how to write it. Having a quiz each week about the book taught me how to make proper summary’s and pull out the information needed. From the first quiz to the last, now looking back on them, I have noticed my summary’s improved each time, from practice but also knowing how they went. 

I also learned how to make engaging open questions for when I would share them with my group. Having interesting and different questions sparked theory’s and thoughts about what would happen next in the book and made everything more interesting. Not just open questions but also closed. Before making the video I wished to make it easier for me I would have planned it out better. I mostly planned it out in my head which lead to confusion and what I should do next. Even just a simple mind map or list of things to get dine would have helped a lot. Ince I made my video on keynote I learned about so many tools within. Especially how to animate charters and objects. To finish up the video, I learned a couple new tricks in CapCut that I didn’t know about and will definitely be using in the future for my upcoming and coming projects!

This project taught me how to sew but also it helped me improve on my writing. I learned how different layers of a story and the small details create the big picture. Same goes for editing, adding the sound effects made my video more interesting to watch because it wasn’t just my voiceover. If I planned out my ideas beforehand I would have had more time to improve and revise even more parts of my video to make it more clean. In the future I can put the writing skills I learned, like how just changing one word or making one more intriguing word can make a well put together story. 

Click here to give some feedback!:

https://padlet.com/charlieb39/rise-of-the-frankenstuffies-gxsr5gb0b68gbmc6