“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

Scimatics

One space I’ve improved on is Scimatics is Handing Stuff In (Not handing it in on time, but remembering to actually hand in the work even if I’ve finished it), as my memory, though being helpful sometimes, is also a pain in the butt in return sometimes.

One of my strengths is Quick and Accurate math, I have had this skill for a while now, but I feel like in Laser Laws, my current most recent Scimatics project, I really began to shine, this skill has also won me several games of Kahoot!, so I think it is worthwhile to have, even if I am wrong every once in a while.

Areas for improvement: Staying on topic. In this area, I’m not as bad as “other people” (Seth, Ronan, Keaton, Evangeline, looking at you) however, I still need to improve here, this will be accomplished (hopefully) by having a friend or person sitting near me, remind me to stay on task. However, if this fails, which it inevitably will, I will try deleting apps that are unnecessary/ distracting, and also try limiting sites I will not need for school that are a major distraction (Forge World, Games Workshop, and several recasting sites).

Maker: 

Another great thing are talents I’ve improved upon, greatest of which is communication, I think that this is best demonstrated by contrasting day 1 of Medium is the Message with the last day of Working with Words. On the first day of Medium is the Message, there was a little bit of a catastrophe, and my communication skills didn’t help whatsoever. Now let’s compare that to Working with Words. During this project, I used my communication skills to help my team, and reminding teammates what their lines are (I guide others to a treasure I cannot possess). I’ve also improved at blocking out unnecessary negativity, as during medium is the message, I let critique from my group get to my head, and I thought of it as a personal attack. Now I am able to prevent it from even bothering me.

proved

One of my strengths is the creativity of my ideas, which really helps my team grow and have more interesting solutions, however, I also work well as someone who reflects ideas back to people. Bouncing ideas back and forth with my groups is also a strong suit. This is reflected by Becoming a PLP learner as in that project, we needed a theme, and we started bouncing ideas back and forth, and back and forth. Until finally, one of us had the brilliant idea of a Mafia theme.

I am very bossy, and I will be the first to attest to that, as my DI team can also attest to, however, I feel like this can also be a helpful trait at times, especially when my group is off topic (Evangeline, I’m looking at you) I might help alleviate this pressure by just reminding myself to not be as bossy, however, willpower alone might not work, and reminders would also help.

Humanities

In humanities, one of my greatest strengths is my creativity , this is shown by the fact that I do all of my work with some personal flair, such as such little actions as using my favourite colour of pen to annotate a document to my Geek-out Blog Posts, which took the choice of a hobby or topic of your own choosing. 

For my strengths in Humanities, please refer to the Strengths section of Maker.

I have a lot of areas for improvement, but one of them is writing down my ideas. I have a lot of ideas throughout a given day, but very few are saved and/or used later, I feel like this can be solved by having a pages/notes document that I write my brilliant ideas down in.