I’ll preface this post by stating that I’d learned about all of this stuff before, so not much of it was new, but aside from that I enjoyed this project. Anyways, on with the show…..

Long ago, in the realms of elementary school, we were taught about goals, and how to make the “SMART”, which, I of course, dismissed as a little bit nonsensical, but continued on learning about it, I thought they were dead and buried in grade 7, but no, they would return to haunt me.

Videography has always been an interest of mine, and this project helped me think like a moviemaker, but not the traditional way, such as doing theoretical practice, instead, I was able to use my tools, hobbies, and interests to craft videos, the world had never seen the likes of. 

In this project we made 3 videos, firstly, a video showcasing a hobby of mine (Miniature wargaming, if you didn’t know this was a hobby of mine, you clearly don’t know me) which gave me the drive to finish a painting project that had been on the back burner since 2019 (I think). The second was a black and white film about a “Goal-getters in action” story from a book called “What do I really Want”, and my group (Brooke, me and Makai), made a video showcasing the story about 2 friends that argued whether rocks or sticks were better, and in the end they both agreed to disagree. Our third video was a tutorial about goals, in in my group was Logan, Keaton, Kai, and myself. Kai was an expert at moviemaking, and Keaton was an excellent presenter, but what did me and Logan have? The Trombone. So we made a video about someone who wanted to learn how to play a trombone, in this quest the person (Keaton) learned how to assemble, play, and disassemble the trombone.

The other portion of the project was all about goals. Smart goals this, achievable that… I just couldn’t really get into it, and thus didn’t really enjoy the project. But did I do everything needed, YES I DID, maybe not very well, but I did it all. 

For the goals part of the project, we read a book called “What do I really want” by Beverly Bachel, which was pretty boring, and setting very high standards for youths of today. We made a goal tracker, as well as set a goal we mean to achieve by a set time (Set by us). My goal tracker remains private by choice, and my goal, was to film a Tabletop Game battle report with a Vancouver YouTube channel (PlayOn Tabletop), we had to learn about our goals, and then figure out the steps we needed to take to achieve it on a goal ladder. Of course, my Apple Pencil was on the PLP bus in Golden, but I was still able to make a text based goal ladder.

In all this project was entertaining, but to me, of a little less learning value than other projects I’d done in the past, I enjoyed the moviemaking segment, as playing the trombone was a fun break from the normal part of school (The sitting and listening) that learning about this stuff had entailed. 

Overall I’d give this project a ☀️

Please Enjoy the Show