Becoming a PLP learner

Hello people!

This is my second post for this week, however, it is not related at all with my advertising journey blog post.  For the past month or so, we have been focusing on a project called “Becoming a PLP Learner” in Maker.

Group members:

Keenan

Naomi

Kira

Hayden

Caden

Driving question:

How do I build and strengthen the PLP learning team?

Our big project for this subject was a keynote presentation that we had to present to all the parents of PLP 8.  I presented it about a week ago in the PLP rooms with all the different works that I had created over the past month.  I found it a cool experience presenting to all the teachers and I enjoyed doing it.

At the start of the project, I had to create a memoji using a laptop with a bunch of stickers on it.  I created it to give a representation of what I look like and what things I like.   It helped us learn a lot about Keynote from using instant alpha to making gradient backgrounds.

The first work I had was my 3 best Big Life Journal works.  The big life journal was not just a normal journal where we record our day to day lives in.  Instead, it is a book that showed the goals I want to accomplish, how to have a growth mindset and much more.  The 3 works I chose were the jar of awesomeness because it helped me realize what recent accomplishments and goals I have completed, the interest brain because it shows what types of interests I have and a letter to my younger self to describe a bit about my background.

Another work I displayed was my teamwork contract because it shows how I, as a learner, interact with other people.  I created a 1 minute video as my creative media explaining some of my strengths and stretches.  If you want to check out the video, it is a page in my learning portfolio that I have linked below.

To display how I am as a person, I created a boat.  It basically represents how I sail through challenges and I can navigate through tough seas.  I also created a mini-figure inside using tin foil that shows that “I am a light in a dark sea.” In other words, I am optimistic in rough times.  I  had limited resources when creating this boat so it was challenging but I think it turned out quite well at the end.

The 2 things that I wanted to add was a fish that had a bunch of “I am” statements and the teamwork challenges that we did.  The “I am” statements explains what I am like as a person.  Some terms I used was seal lover, 153 months old and gamer.  The other one one that I chose was a slide on my team work challenges.  In school, we did these teamwork challenges in groups that made us have to work together to come up with different creations.  Some of the challenges were to create a spaghetti tower, a paper tower, a tin foil boat and a mini game.  If you want to check out my keynote presentation, I have created a video explaining all the works I have created.

Finally, the last work I displayed was my user manual.  It showed how to use me (Chris 1.2) with a guide to all my different functions and how to operate me.  During the process of making it, the teachers made me us follow their exact formatting.  We explored the different function with pages where we learnt many new things like paragraph styles.  It really helped me format the User Manual because the teachers were using one of the styles.

How this relates/helps us in the real world:

This project helped us build our teamwork and made us learn more about ourselves.  It also made me more proficient in different apps and tools that I might use in the future.  However, some of my weaknesses is getting distracted and sometimes not being inclusive of people.

In conclusion, I found that this project was a really interesting and fun challenge.  We overcame some hardships and I am really proud of what I have done.  Some of my strengths I had in this project was being confident when presenting my work to other people.  During the exhibition, I did not feel nervous when I talking to the parents. Some things I could have improved on was making my presentation more colourful.  It was quite bland because I mostly used the colour black and white.  Finally, to answer the driving question, I bring positivity and I am a person who always supports his team members and friends.  I can also provide good and in depth ideas.

The end.