Good Bye Grade 8..!

Wow, Grade 8 went by fast…  Welcome to my tPol blog post!  “Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my … [Read more…]

🦫 New Beginnings! 🦫

New Beginnings (that’s the name of our project) was all about discovering New France. The point of this project was to understand the importance of the past and make connections too it; the driving question was “What did the establishment of New France mean for all the people involved?”.  This projects end result was originally … [Read more…]

A Fridge With Carrots..?

This project was about creating an object with the maximum surface area or volume. You could also choose to be with a partner or work alone! I chose to be with a partner and ended up with my friend hannah. Together we chose to create a fridge with the maximum surface area! Don’t ask why … [Read more…]

Learning about the power of a pencil

As usual I’ll start of with the driving question: “How might I use technology to create and communicate?” for this project we had to split into two separate sides, one was for photography (Herzog) and the other for drawing (Carr). I started in Carr

Conquering Coding!

Helllooo, welcome back again, the latest project scimatics 8 has done is about…  Drumroll… 🥁  🥁  🥁  The Kinetic Molecular Theory and the Atomic Theory, super cool I know, I know (by the way I will be saying KMT instead of Kinetic molecular theory and AT instead of the Atomic theory). We started our projects … [Read more…]

The Significance Of The Past

The latest project the Grade 8s had to do in Humanities was a project called, “The Renaissance: A Change Engine”. The driving question was, “What significant developments emerged from the past and how have they impacted us today?”. The final overall products for this unit were a triptych and a paragraph about historical events from … [Read more…]

Learning At Loon Lake!

PLP 8 and PLP 9 had the chance to go on our very first learning extent (or advance) that was over night for multiple days! It took place at Loon Lake Lodge, check the website out to learn more about it! Luckily the ride was only around an hour since it was located in maple … [Read more…]