Argh, Matey 🏴‍☠️

Welcome to my blog post about my most recent project entitled Argh, Matey! It was all about pirates and the age of exploration. In this project we learned about making AR videos, the age of exploration, cause and consequence, and pirates. We eventually tied all these things together by making an Augmented Reality video on the impact of global exploration and the Columbian Exchange. I know that must seem pretty confusing all summed up together in a few sentences so in this post I’ll be breaking down the different parts of the project. 

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

To kick off this project, we watched a movie based off a real tale entitled Captain Phillips. If you haven’t heard of it, it tells the story of a Captain named Captain Phillips. He was the Captain of a cargo ship that was travelling around the Coast of Somalia where they were met with Somalian pirates hoping to acquire wealth from the ship. Things escalated pretty fast and it was an intense movie but I won’t spoil it. This movie was the start of our learning about Cause and Consequence. 

Cause and consequence is the progression of events that lead to the final outcome. There are underlying causes, immediate causes, immediate consequences, and long-term consequences. We spent some time making a web of causes and consequences for Captain Phillips. Here are some causes and consequences I found!

A lesson I learned a ton from were the lectures on pirates and European exploration. I took lots of notes and reflected on them and learned so much. 

Here are the notes I took on pirates:

These lessons were super interesting to me so I thought I’d include it in my post. 

What is the impact of global exploration?

This was the driving question for our project. I think the impact of global exploration was huge and definitely can’t be summed up in a single sentence. You can see the impacts of exploration in food, people, and places. Europe has colonized lots of places in North America and it’s pretty much why I’m here today. It’s also why we have food from all over the world in our local grocery stores.

Thanks for reading my blog post on global exploration! I hope you enjoyed reading.

Sincerely, me

0 comments on “Argh, Matey 🏴‍☠️Add yours →