Loon Lake Learning Advance

Hello and welcome back to my blog. Today I’ll be writing about the first PLP trip I’ve been on. There were two different trips that we would have gone on but they were unfortunately cancelled due to Covid. Of course there were necessary safety precautions taken to make travelling a bit safer during a pandemic. Unfortunately myself and a few of my peers did end up getting covid from the trip which was not great but I was able to enjoy the whole trip and wasn’t sick on the learning advance. 

On this trip, we learned lots and did lots of fun activities such as battle archery, forest laser tag, and learning how to make emergency shelters in the woods. It was a super fun experience that was super memorable. I got to share a room with Mickey and Ines which I was super excited about, we had lots of laughs and it was a true bonding experience. 

On day 1, we got on the bus at around 12, and drove and hour and a half to get to Maple Ridge, where Loon Lake was. One thing that immediately struck me about Loon Lake was how beautiful the lake was. It was the most reflective lake I’ve ever seen and it was surrounded by trees. To get a sense of where we were, the first activity was a small hike around the grounds. Afterwards, we did a scavenger hunt around the buildings and outside. After learning where everything was we found out who was in our cabin and got set up. I was in Pan Abobe cabin with Mickey and Ines. After dinner we had evening fun and advisory groups. 

I won’t go into detail about every day but we did lots of DI sweat boxes and worked on Believe In Good. Day 3 was my favourite because of the battle archery we did. On the last day there was a big game of Capture the Flag. Mickey and I were guarding the Grade 8 prison and we were doing trivia to let them. This was super fun because the trivia category was Taylor Swift and the Grade 8’s weren’t a big fan of this category it was hilarious. After capture the flag, we had a delicious lunch (Many thanks to all the chefs and cooks at Loon Lake,) and got on the bus to go home. On the ride home I had a great nap while listening to Phoebe Bridgers and slept almost the whole ride. 

Throughout the whole trip, we were working on creating a digital book about the trip. To make this book we used Book Creator. You can read it here:

In conclusion, I really enjoyed Loon Lake, even if it ended in me getting Covid. I’m super grateful for this opportunity and I look forward to future PLP field studies. Thank you for reading this post!

Sincerely,

Me

0 comments on “Loon Lake Learning AdvanceAdd yours →