Evidence of a Growth Mindset

At the beginning of the year I didn’t even know what a growth mindset was. When I found out what it was I was pretty interested. I was amazed at learning about the effects a growth mindset can have on your life. After learning about what a growth mindset was I realized that I didn’t really have one. I definitely had more of a fixed mindset. I immediately tried to think of things I could do to give myself more of a growth mindset. I started to say “I can” and “I can’t yer” more instead of saying I can’t and I feel like that really worked for me.

Some evidence of my growth mindset was definatley Destination Imagination. There were a lot of times during the process of making our project for Destination Imagination that thought that we weren’t going to be able to do it or that it would be bad no matter what we did. Then I rembered everything we learned about having a growth mindset and started thinking that we can get this done. I started to put more effort into it and think more positively. My group constantly ha to remind eachother that we can get this done and it would be great.

I really needed to have a growth mindset on the last day before we presented because we just found out that one of our teammates was not coming. Through that time I just kept saying “We can do this” and I knew everything would be fine. We also had some malfunctions with are tree a couple of days before and I knew we could fix and I never gave up. The tree ended up turning out great. I was a little surprised by how much of a growth mindset I had during Destination Imagination but I was very happy I had it because it was very helpful.