PGP Time Machine

Throughout the year I have been enrolled in a course called the Personal Growth Plan (PGP). This course is all about growing yourself in school and in life. For this course I have read books, made a journal, and changed a lot about how a live my life. It’s been a lot of work but it has all been worth it.

There were three main parts to this course. The first part was goal setting. For this we read a book called What do you Really Want?: How to Set a Goal and Go for it. This book was full of forms and activities that helped in setting goals. To do these forms everyone was given a journal to help keep things organized. Through this I learned the importance in goal setting to be able to get a task done. I also learned how important it is to be persistent.

The second part was productivity. Productivity is all about making sure that you are using your time to its full extent. I was kinda looking forward to learning about this because I spend wayyyyyy too much time watching Netflix and I always feel unproductive. You need to be productive in order to be able to sharpen yourself. If you just nap all the time you won’t be very sharp.

The third part is the seven habits. We read a book called 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. The title pretty well sums up what the book was about. I loved reading this book and some of the habits really stuck with me, which is why I chose the 7th Habit as the one for my time machine. Sharpening myself has helped me so much in being an effective teen.

Our final project was to create a PGP time machine. Sadly we weren’t actually going to make a time machine, although that would be amazing if we could. What we had to make was more like a message to our past selves on what we wish we knew before. This could be anything from an interpretive dance to a puppet show. We had complete freedom. I chose to make a YouTube style video where I am simply talking about what I wish I knew. I thought that would be the best way for my past self to take in the information. Here it is.