Welcome to the last project of the first half of the year. 

This is this is my recap of the Working With Words project. The driving question for this project is: How Might I Construct Text That Shows Who I Am Right Now

I will answer this question at the bottom of my post.  For this project we had to create a multi-touch e-book that contains poems showing who we are right now.

Here is the e-book.

Here is the e-book.

This is how I created my e-book

I think that if I were to do it again then I would spend more time writing and perfecting my poems.

I think that the e-book represents my learning appropriately and I am very proud of how it turned out.

The Curricular Competencies for this project are:

Comprehend Constructively: reading, listening, viewing
What strategies do I use to comprehend text for meaning and impact?

I can apply strategies to comprehend texts, guide inquiry, and extend my thinking critically, creatively, and reflectively within, between, and beyond the texts.

I think that I did this competency well because my poem have pretty deep meanings that are very true to who I am right now. I think that I didn’t do this competency well because I am not the best at understanding the meanings in others poems that I did not write. I think that in the future I will work harder to understand other poems.

Create Effectively: writing, speaking, representing
How do I create effective texts for a variety of purposes and audiences?

I can use writing and design processes to plan, develop, and create original, engaging, and meaningful texts for a variety of purposes and audiences.

I think I did this competency well because my e-book is easy to understand and read. I also think that this was a great outlet to represent who I am.

Because we missed a week of school at the end of winter break, this project was shorter than any other we have done. Because of this, there aren’t really any big steps. All that we did was make poems and put them into the e-book, which you can view at the top of this post.

As the answer to the driving question, How Might I Construct Text That Shows Who I Am Right Now, I guess the answer is ‘by creating a e-book with poems in it that represent who we are.’ Seriously though, I don’t think there is a foolproof way to do this. Who we are is always evolving, always changing. Even if we successfully create a text that shows who we are, who we are might change over night. So while I think that this project is a great way to express who we are at the moment of creating it, this project is not good in the long term.

I learned a lot about poetry and literature in this project.

Here is the e-book.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, and have a great day.

This is how I created my e-book

• Comprehend Constructively: reading, listening, viewing

• Create Effectively: writing, speaking, representing

Here is the e-book.