Hello again. Today I’ll be writing about our latest project in PLP, called The Manhattan Project… Project. The goal for this project was for us, while on a field study in New Mexico, the birthplace of the atomic age, to write an e-book about the Manhattan Project with a group, some of which would be attending the field study, and others would be staying in Vancouver.

While in New Mexico, we toured many sites which had pertinence to the Manhattan Project. For example, we toured the Los Alamos Laboratory… or well, their museum. The actual laboratories are still closed to the public and are a classified government research site. We also toured other sites like the White Sands Missile Range and the Trinity Test Site, most of which you’ll read about in the book at the end of this post.

Going to New Mexico was a great learning experience. Nuclear history is something I’ve always been very interested in and despite having been to New Mexico in the past, I’ve never done any nuclear history related tourism in the state. That is, prior to this trip. Being able to tour these sites has always been something I’ve wanted to do at least once in my life, and some of the sites are arguably some of the most historically significant to human history and the history (and future) of life on earth as we know it, in the world.

We interviewed professionals at these sites about their experience with and knowledge about nuclear history. This proved to be particularly helpful because it have us the ability to revisit conversations we’d had that we might have partially forgotten about simply because of the sheer amount of things we were doing in a single day.

When we got home, we used these interviews in our books to showcase our learning alongside the knowledge we learned both on the trip and from teachers at home during (and prior to) this project.

I don’t want to say more that will spoil the contents of the book, and I’m already getting to where anything else I talk about will overlap with the book, so I’ll place a link right here so you can read the book.

file:///private/var/mobile/Library/Mobile%20Documents/com~apple~Pages/Documents/ATOMIC%20DAWN.pages/