Puppets explain UNDRIP – Article 5

Why hello,

• Have you ever heard of UNDRIP?
  • Do you know what UNDRIP stands for?
  • what the heck is article 5?
  • How many Articles are there?

those are a-lot of valid questions, hopefully this blogpost will help you out.

UNDRIP notes – craft

first off what’s UNDRIP in the first place? And what on earth does it stand for? 

Well UNDRIP stands for the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. It is a landmark document adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2007. This declaration sets out the individual and collective rights of indigenous peoples, as well as their rights to culture, identity, language, employment, health, education, and other issues. UNDRIP aims to promote and protect the rights of indigenous peoples worldwide and addresses historical injustices they have faced, including discrimination, marginalization, and dispossession of their lands, territories, and resources.

they do all of this through 46 different articles

we were given the task to study one article from UNDRIP and create a PuppetPals video about it

I chose to do mine on article 5, although originally, I wanted to do it on article 27, but as I got to the research segment, I couldn’t find very much on it so I had to opt for a more well research article.

just like any video there is a research stage then of course you have to storyboard and create a script. Personally, I absolutely hate puppet pals. I think the design is quite stupid. It doesn’t make sense to me why you can make your own customized background yet you can only mix-and-match puppet pals characters, and not sketch your own face or design your own body.

Anyway, I worked with what I pad and this is what we ended up with

Well I hope you learn something from that video. I had a lot of time changing between characters. Maybe I should find a career in voice acting

This is one small segment of one big greater project, BC first peoples – 12.

be ready to expect more blog posts regarding indigenous issues in the near future. I’m really excited for this course:)

hannah 🍈🥝🫛🫑🧃🪀