Workplace Safety

Have you or do you have a job? Well if you do it’s important to know your rights as well as what to do and not do for your safety. And though I have not had a job yet (unless you count babysitting) I am planning to apply to one soon as a party overseer at community centers, and so it’s important for me to know these things. Luckily enough in planning ten currently we are looking at Workplace Safety in British Colombia.

To start off learning about this topic we looked at a video on experiences that people have had in the past. In this video it just showed how important the little things are and that one mistake could change your entire life. If you watch the video you will see multiple graphic incidents in which there were just simple mistakes gone terribly wrong.

After watching this video we were told to read and look at some informational documents about workplace safety. Anywhere from biological hazards to environmental hazards I learnt some handy and informative information. So what better way to show this then a short quiz like work sheet.

u

After learning all of this it made me realize that I have to go over things with my employer before I start the job to see specifically what i’m covered under and what safety equipment and knowledge is needed.

And to show all that I learned I made a mind map type image as to what I need to think of when I get a job. I used Sketches Pro  to create this image.

Overall this was very interesting and I feel that I learnt lots about Workplace Safety in B.C.!