What I learned from: Medium is the message

Greetings

In this post I’m not going to describe the timeline of our project, or explain how to design an ad, I’m just going to show what I personally learned and how I can improve myself with this new knowledge.

ITERATIVE DESIGN:

Iterative design is a really useful tool for any type of design, art, music, and writing just to name a few. Throughout this project we made many drafts and new designs, here are a few.

I’ve since used iterative design on some other projects, including some art assets for a video game I’m coding. With my art I start with a low pixel image and slowly increase the pixel count, here is a missile cruiser I made.(sadly the last image glitches out and you can only see half of it)

THE PROJECT PATH:

The concept of the project path was fairly new to me, in the past I have broken up projects into smaller chunks but I wasn’t able to map them out in such detail and with such effectiveness. Citing  my game again, the project path might be

Look Listen Learn: find a unique game idea, the tools and people required and what me and my team need to learn and practice.

Ask: research (learning a new coding language for example)

Understand: flush out my idea with more knowledge of what’s possible for my small team

Navigate: essentially put it all together.

Create: actually code my game, fix bugs and balance game.

Highlight: play test, maybe open up an alpha and then go back to create.

Launch: publish the game, advertise, maybe add a price tag.