Why History?

Why history? This project was about historical significance and why that matters to us today. We created memes to show how our worldview was affected by history.

When we first stared this project we were were asked what a meme was. We all said things like a funny image that goes viral. We were then asked to make a meme.  We were given the template. The meme we were recreating was the “how it started/how it’s going”. The how it started side was representing us in September and the how it’s going side was us today. This was my meme that I made.

The goal if this project was to answer the driving question ‘What can we learn from the past and why does it matter today?’ To do this we made an online museum that featured our own art. The art we made was a meme. The meme we made was the same template as the quick one we did at the start of the project. The meme represented our worldview and how it has developed from the Medieval and Renaissance times. 

In milestone 2 we made a collage to represent our worldview. The curricular competencies we worked on for this milestone were responding to text and empowered learner. By doing this milestone I showed a creative connection between myself and worldview. I added cool drawing and I remembered the design tips from our previous project in humanities to show how I can creatively use technology to construct knowledge 

We were sorted into 7 groups for the 7 different aspects of worldview. I was in the geography group. We chose a piece of art from the Medieval or the Renaissance times that represents our aspect of worldview. We then took that piece of art and changed it to represent the western worldview. In milestone 5 we made the final meme. With the final meme we also submitted an artists statement to compliment our art. The competency we worked on was establishing historical significance. With the artists statement, I showed that I can show how history has impacted our worldview through geography.  

We then started to design our museum and we everyone in the group had a different role. I was the techie. I took the plans we had made and put them into the software we used to make the museum.  We then took our collages and put them all together into a companion guide for our museum.

Here is the link to the final museum:

Worldview Museum 

Here is the link to the companion guide:

Companion Guide

Overall, I had a fun time designing the museum and learning about my worldview. So to answer the driving question, we can learn many things from the past and connect the events to our life today. Why does the past matter? We can learn from the past and how to grow for the future. I am looking forward to our next project! Thanks for reading.

✌️bye.