My journey to become a PLP learner!

Yellow everyone! This blog post is about the project that I have been working in for the past 5 weeks!

BECOMING A PLP LEARNER

Check out my team mates blogs! They’ll have posted about this too; Silas, Charlie, Jessie, and Brooke!

The major question that the PLP learning team have been working to answering for just over a months now is “how do I contribute to the PLP learning team?”. I hope that this blog post will help you and myself understand what my answer is.

Milestone #1: Big Life Journal (Or BLJ), where it all started.

This milestone was… a challenge for me at many points. Most of them were if I’m being honest. I did not know what I was doing half the time. Although like every other project, I pulled through. I didn’t give up. I have a problem with giving up a lot of things, I’m not very good with motivation.

So what we the Big Life Journal is, just pretty much jotted down “big life” things, like goals, self doubts, self encouragement, dreams, planning, etc.. The journal supposedly helps you find out what you want to be when you grow up.

Two things from BLJ:

There were a lot of chapters to BLJ (Big Life Journal), I think there were 5? Anyway, if I’m being completely honest, I did not get a single chapter done. BUT, I will work my butt of trying next time. I constantly want to improve. 

We also did a “BLJ three best works”, which pretty much we just “amped up” 3 BLJ works. This one was fun! And I actually got it done.. sort of on time! I was supposed to recreate 3 BLJ works, doesn’t matter what chapter it was from, as long as it was recreated in an app that was not notability, it was okay! This one was flexible and easy, I really needed a little stress break.

My three best works:

Milestone #2: the User Manual, when the fun REALLY began. 

I had a LOT of fun with this challenge! I handed it in late as usual, but still!

So what we were asked to do for the user manual is write an “about me”, as if I was an iOS device.

We also did an assignment related to this call “3,2,1 Mentor Text Connection” which we just reviewed our teacher’s user manuals, and answered a few questions about them, in a 3,2,1 form, which means we answer the questions with 3 answers for the 1st question, 2 answers for the 2nd, and so on. Some of the questions consisted of the following. “Three thing the teachers shared in common.” Or “two differences between all three teachers.”

Honestly there isn’t match to this milestone, but I will gladly show you what some of my user manual looks like 🙂 

Milestone #3: the Team Contract, the endgame.

You might already know what this is, its one of my pages lol

Okay so this one was late (wow surprise surprise) and I didn’t know when it was mandatory to hand in, so when I figured it out I was stressing A LOT. Because I had started it’ll but i had also forgotten aaaaaaaaall about it… so! I had just under a day to hand it in!

Basically what the team contract is, is a contract showing how I work as a team. But I also had to include some of my user manual, my Memoji Laptop, and a creative media, which pretty much is just me as a piece of media that I made (a drawing, something I wrote, or an animation).

Here’s my creative media because why not (yes i know that its just one of my BLJ three best works shhhhhh dont tell):

My keynote presentation!!

My keynote presentation (YouTube video)!!

And the moment we’ve all been waiting for; the answer to the driving question, “how do I contribute to the PLP learning team?”

I contribute to the PLP learning team by always being positive. By showing up. By always trying my best. There are so many ways that everyone can contribute to the PLP learning team.

Thanks so much for reading my blog today, thanks for tapping in, but I’m gonna tap out!