Hi everyone,

This is my M pol blog post it is about all the knowledge I’ve gained so far in this school year. PLP does one of these every single semester. An M pol presentation is 7 minutes long and we do this presentation in front of our teachers and parents.

First I will talk about everything I learned for my I pad then everything I learned for Scimatics next everything I learned for maker then everything I learned about Humanities and finally my habits, systems, and my core competency.

Everything I learned Tech-wise. I was obviously taught how to go through all the apps that my teachers gave me. But the biggest thongs I learned were in Sketches Pro and my blog posts on safari and pages. In sketches pro, I learned from Ms. Maxwell how to literally do everything. I learned how to:
Determine what colour something is by holding on to that colour with your finger.
How to undo something by taping with 2 fingers.
And then with 3 fingers, you can redo.
I learned how to add layers.
And I learned how to use the fill tool.
From safari. I learned how to:
Just set up my blog website and all the inside and outs of it.
For example, changing the background of your home page and also learning everything with the dashboard. On pages, I learned how to hand assignments in use headings properly and add some shortcuts so that it does an automatic heading and all the keyboard shortcuts. This is all the knowledge I’ve gained for technology.

For Scimatics I definitely learned a lot. But I think the project I learned the most in was the one we just finished laser laws. This project was about the Pythagorean Theorem and the law of reflection. I didn’t even know what the law of reflection was. But for the Pythagorean theorem, I knew a bit about it. For science I learned how to write a report on an experiment I also learned how to do the law of reflection which took me a bit too long to get the hang of but when I did it was easy. For math, the Pythagorean equation was pretty hard for me to get the hang of but like the law of reflection when I got the hang of it it was easy. To get better at the Pythagorean equation I did tutoring and I got a lot of help from my dad. I also did some extra math in the grade 8 textbook.

For maker, I learned the most from the first project we did in maker titled what can I do to build and strengthen the PLP learning team I learned a lot about PLP. In maker, we also did DI DI is short for destination imagination in DI I learned a lot about teamwork skills and planning. Another project we did for maker was constructing creative communication. In this project, I learned a lot as well. This project was about drawing and taking pictures. I learned more in the drawing sections as I explained in the first paragraph about me learning a bunch about sketches pro. I didn’t just learn about an app in this project I also learned a lot about drawing like perspective the background and foreground also making name art. This project definitely taught me a lot and it was lots of fun.

In Humanities I definitely learned a lot there were so many in the project we just finished poetry. I had no idea that there were so many poetry terms for example there are 20 different types of poems. I only knew 2 types simile and haiku. Then there was also the outsider’s project I had no idea that there was something called a worldview. That there were 7 different aspects that shaped your life. This project also taught me the different sections in books and movies. That there is not just a beginning middle and end.

My habits and systems. The habit I already have is plugging in my iPad every night. I wish to have a habit where I check my iPad every morning for Showbie due dates and check the road map. I also want to write something down in Things right when I get told it like an assignment. My habits are opening my iPad and checking it each morning for emails, Showbie notifications, or upcoming deadlines.

My core competencies. There are 3 core competencies-Communication, Thinking, and Personal and social. I will not say what I learned about them but what I improved on. I definitely Improved on communication the most because of how much group work we do in PLP. I learned how to share my ideas and how to not shut down other ideas. For thinking PLP definitely encourages thinking outside the box. I already knew how to do this but I definitely got better at it. There is also the driving question in elementary school I wouldn’t really read the entire question I would just answer that but in high school, I definitely learned how to do that. Personal and Social this core competency is all about having awareness for others I have don’t that pretty good my entire life and I don’t think I got better or worse at it.

My weaknesses. In my opinion my weaknesses are grammar math and science. For grammar I need to get better at my punctuation and run on sentences. To get better at this I got help from my parents on every assignment and blog post I have also been to a couple of tutorial times. My weaknesses in math is understanding things but when I understand it I’m good at it. To improve on this I can pay more attention in class and not daydream and drift off. For science my weaknesses are remembering things like for example It will take me a long time to memorize the periodic table. I also don’t really like science as  much as other subjects so sometimes it can be boring for me. But I do like chemistry. To get better at science I can just pay more attention in class to it.

Thank you For reading or listening to my mpol blog post and I hope you enjoyed learning what I learned over this semester.