“How did the quest for power impact people’s lives in the Middle Ages?”

Hello there! This a reflection of a humanities project focused around the Middle Ages, if you are here on purpose just keep on reading! If you’ve miss-clicked, feel free to leave, but if this topic interests you I encourage you to stick around!! The title of this blog post, “How did the quest for power … Continue reading “How did the quest for power impact people’s lives in the Middle Ages?”

Avatar: The Way of Water Exhibition Reflection

Project overview:  Welcome! This is a reflection and review of my first exhibition project!  In case you aren’t familiar, this project was built around James Cameron’s Avatar. The guiding question and prompt, for the project was “What does James Cameron’s fantasy world of ‘Avatar’ reveal about our own society?” The idea for our project was … Continue reading Avatar: The Way of Water Exhibition Reflection

Geek out blogging challenge reflection! :)

I started off a bit slow with deciding on a topic and Maddie kindly assisted with countering my indecisiveness. In the end I chose “Queer characters in media.” After choosing what I personally find to be a sincerely engaging topic writing the posts felt natural and it proved difficult to refrain from writing additional posts.  … Continue reading Geek out blogging challenge reflection! 🙂

My opinion on why queer actors need to be cast in queer shows!

The casting for any visual media is significant to the impact and credibility of the entertainment. My opinion on casting actors for queer roles is they must have at least one queer actor within the show. It’s like actors ie Tom Holland playing American characters though he himself is British, no one takes issue with … Continue reading My opinion on why queer actors need to be cast in queer shows!

Queer characters in media, and why they matter to me.

First of all “queer characters in media,” I know, it’s not exactly the flashiest title. If you manage to think up a catchier name let me know!  With my “admirable” talent for unoriginal, bland, and wordy titles out of the way. Let’s approach conversation that’s both relevant to our topic and, hopefully, engaging. The existence … Continue reading Queer characters in media, and why they matter to me.