Everyone has a story

Hi everybody, welcome back to another blog post. In this post we are going to be looking back upon my most recent project for maker 9, everyone has a story. In this project the main goals were to make a five minute video with an interview. We also had to connect are interview to a theme in the movie avatar. My theme was colonialism. The main goal of grade 9 is to learn about movie making, and that’s what this first project was about. How to film with different shots and angles, and lots of other things about filming.

The project before this called vibrant videos taught me a lot about videos and really helped me execute my final video for this project.

We were sitting at were desks and out of nowhere are teacher told us to make a storyboard, and the. They Played the trailer for avatar 2. We storyboard it and found the exhibition was going to be avatar themed. The next few classes we spent storyboarding and taking notes while watching the first avatar movie for some context.

We kept learning about different shots and angles and eventually were put into different themes. I was put into colonialism. I had to make a video interviewing someone who had experienced colonialism first hand. Then I had to connect their experiences to the movie avatar. Then I thought who better then my own dad. My dad moved from Belfast northern Ireland when he was five years old. His family did this due to fighting and England colonizing Northern Ireland. There was lots off violence and that’s what brought his family to Canada.
I compared his experiences to avatar. Heres my final video. Click here

A couple days out from the exhibition we made viewing boxes for our iPads. People look in a little nook and it’s an overall better visual and sound experience.

I’m the day of the exhibition we put our room together. It was themed after the board game risk. The game is about colonialism. We had continents on the walls and risk board games and coloured lights all around the room. We also had drinks and food to match our rooms theme.

I’ve learned a lot from this project, I definitely learned a lot about setting goals and moviemaking from this project I also think I’ve showed these skills, communicating because I had to ask questions to my teachers fri confirmation, I also had to ask questions to my interviewee. I also analyzed data from my interview and connected it to avatar. I think demonstrated a nice accomplished understanding of this project. Finally, the driving question, “ how did James Cameron’s avatar reflect on our world today. I think our world is similar in the sense that we too colonize and take countries resources, we are the humans from the movies, are greed results in war. Thank you for reading.