Hello welcome to my blog, In this post I will be talking about the scimatics project i have been working on for the past month. The project that we worked on was about lasers! We had to learn about them and then create a laser display with our group. I’ll now show you our project down below.

• Before the lights go out

That was our project before and after displaying it in the dark. We also had to use smoke to enhance the lasers because without it you couldn’t see them at all! As you can see my group made quite a big laser display, and in the presenting time it actually didn’t work for a little bit because we swapped lasers halfway through and everything went off the path it was supposed to take, but we ended up fixing it and it was very good. 

The driving question for this project was, “ how can we test the Pythagorean theorem and the law of reflection?” 

And if your wondering what Pythagorean theorem is I can quickly explain to you.

Pythagorean theorem, the well-known geometric theorem that the sum of the squares on the legs of a right triangle is equal to the square on the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) or, in it’s most common equation, a2 + b2 = c2.

https://www.britannica.com/science/Pythagorean-theorem

That is the link to where I found that definition. ⬆️

At the start of this project we did a mind map and we wrote down some questions had about lasers, light, geometry and just general questions. We answered them at the end of the project with the new knowledge that we learned.

My curricular competencies

Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic of problem of personal interest.

Throughout the entirety of this project I learnt many things and gathered knowledge and applied them to our final project. I also showed personal intrest and knowledge by working hard on the artistic display that we did for our final laser presentation. This is where we designed and painted everything by hand, and the final product looked very awesome!

Communicating and Representing: How can I represent mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms?

For me this was the hardest part of the project, this math and science just seemed to be harder for me in general in this project. It also didn’t help that I missed a week of school so it made me really behind in everything. But I still managed to learn and apply the math in concrete, pictorial and symbolic forms. I was able to work well with my teams in creating accurate measurements and angles. I also helped design and create the final laser display.

Applying and innovating: Co-operatively design projects.

In this project I worked super well with my group. I was able to work well and merge and collaborate ideas with my team. We all helped each other throughout this project and in the end I think that helped our overall performance. I was away for a lot of this project but as soon as I got back to school I was told what I had to do, and I just did it. I designed and did most of the actual laser display in the artistic sense so I think that is a big thing that I brought to my team and that I used very well over all.

That’s all for this post on Laser Laws, thanks for reading!