Di project

Yo yo yo whazzap it’s Santiago here again for another blog post. Today we will be reviewing our DI project which was a group project. Our group was called joyclen and the 4 which consisted of Carter, Joyclen, Brooke, Nolan and myself. As a group we had to choose a subject to do our project on and we chose science. We had to break or bend a scientific law which is not easy. For the scientific law we had to break we chose the Archimedes principle which was buoyancy. We had to make a video that involved using 2 video techniques. Nolan made a machine that used magnets to pull or push another magnet which was my idea to use the magnets. We made a story about a kid who wanted to win a scientific tournament which we lost last year. His friends don’t want to do it but he makes them help him make the machine. He messes up the machine so many times and gives up, but while he is sleeping he figures what is wrong and fixes the machine and rushes to the tournament. He meets Mr. Gonzales which is the CEO of the company. He says that this is impossible and laughs at the children. But the kids prove him wrong and the machine works! Mr. Gonzales is astounded and offers the kids a job. The kids get a new job and 10000$. There were some side challenges we did were we had to make certain things with some things that were given to us or we would make a story about something. You would get more points for creativity making a beginning middle end. We had a limit of time to make the story and also the story should be around 2 minutes long. Overall I liked this activity and from when we started it to now it has been very different. I thought that DI was going to be easy but after all of the work I can see this thing is no joke. I also think that the way the judges gave people points was weird because our group was very creative but the point of DI was to be creative but if you were to creative they would rather take something plain then something that is very creative. I also thought back then this was gonna be a waste of time and I wasn’t gonna learn nothing. I really only learned about buoyancy and a bit of learning putting things together.

Here are the links to our YouTube videos. https://youtu.be/hrEfuonn7M4 the first one is our actual challenge. https://youtu.be/uxsKHMYezdY This one is our interview or the inside on how we created all of our stuff such as the music, sound effects, certain scenes.