A month or so ago, we worked on a project called Argh Matey. I’m only now getting to the blog post, however I still have everything fresh on my mind. The driving question was “What was the cause and consequence of global exploration?” In this project we would create an AR (Augmented Reality) video about global exploration and piracy.

In this project we learned how to analyze the causes and consequences of an event. We also learned all about global exploration and it’s effect on world history. We practiced using the story spine. We would show all of this knowledge by creating a story that showed the causes and consequences of global exploration.

When we started the project we did lots of work on story spines and created some early drafts of our final story spine. We also took lots of notes on global exploration. We created a web of causes and consequences based on our notes. In preparation for our final videos we created our final story along with lots of drawings. We then went to the park and filmed our videos. This is mine:

The project taught me lots about global exploration and was lots of fun. I was really good writing the story. That was my favourite part. In the future I would like to work on my ability to add info into my story without it feeling forced.

My video turned out great. I am proud of the work I created. To answer the driving question, many factors caused global exploration such as the desire for gold or glory and the new technologies that became available. Many factors also were the consequences of global exploration, such as new economies and foods as well as new diseases being spread.