Is This Trending!??

Hey, welcome back to the blog. We just finished the first Maker project of the year! This project was all about trendy videos like Tik Tok or Instagram reels. Also what was fun is… we took a field study to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!! We made all of our trend videos at Disney or Disney themed. So the requirements for this project was make 5 videos you could make two with friends and you had to be in at least two. “The Driving Question for this project was: “How do I make effective personal design choices?” Also included in the project was a Personal Productivity System that we had to create to help us mange our time and projects, etc (there will be a blog post on that soon) So my videos were as follows: 

1. Gas or Ass 
  2. How Much do you pay for Rent in…
  3. Prank Video 
  4. Top 3 Disney World Animals
  5. Rating Rides 

(Each of these videos are linked to the inspirations and trends that I made these videos about)

So now that you have the main idea. Lets break down the project. Right off the bat I had to pivot because I had an original video idea which was dancing on Main Street USA (in Magic Kingdom) but because it was/is so busy there we couldn’t film it. But lemme show you the prototype video for this 

Dance Video 

Yeah also we had to make prototype videos for each video. Before each video we filled out an idea sheet for each one. So since I’ve showed you the dancing video prototype all show you the challenge sheet. 

As I said I had to pivot on some of the videos. Another one of my original videos was interviewing Disney Workers, but the ones that I talked to didn’t want to be on camera. So I made a different video. I did learn however what to say when I introduce myself and ask for an interview. I also learned that being in Disney World is very distracting and makes it hard to film videos. 

Another crucial step of filming is storyboarding so here are a couple of the storyboards I made 

Here is my storyboard for my Gas or Ass

Now its time for you to watch all 6 of my videos 

Gas or Ass

Much Do you pay for Rent in…

Prank Video

Top 3 Disney World Animals 

Rating Rides With Friends

Bonus Video

Ok so now its time to answer the Driving Question and tell you what I learned. So first to answer the Driving Question which is: “How do I make effective personal design choices?” So using my PPS (personal productivity system) I scheduled all my videos and had them planned and ready to go. However with the magic and fun that Disney my videos did not go as planned as I didn’t film my dancing video that I had planned, because in the chaos of Disney there was no time. In the next project that requires planning like this I will put more thought into what I’m planning on filming. For example I will put more research into the areas were filming at to make sure my plans are feasible. This could also help with the other video I didn’t get to film which if I had put more research into Disney or asked my teachers I would have known that Disney workers cannot answer certain questions. All in all I could make effective personal design choices by looking into and or asking about any future projects or assignments that I do. 

Thanks for Reading- Carter=Bl`og