This was one of the best experience I’ve have, EVER.

Take your kid to work day was something I’ve never really taken seriously before. It turns out that TYKTWD (Take Your Kid To Work Day) is something that our high school does take seriously. Not to give you guys too much into my personal life, but my parents aren’t in a position to let me go to work with them so I had to find someone else. Anyways, my parents decide to send me with my god-mom, Rhonda.

I didn’t really know what I was doing until a day before. I know that Rhonda works as a electrical engineer, and that she was working on the whistler mountain. Other than that I was in the dark. Finally though, my parents told me. We were going to a new ski hut that was being built, and we were FLYING there.

When we get to the heliport, I was really excited. I’ve never been on a helicopter before but I couldn’t back out now. When I pictured the hut, I pictured a small cabin that could fit maybe six people (Keep in mind, I haven’t done any research, and I haven’t ever been to one of these huts). I however, I was very wrong.

Fly up there was smooth and effortless. It was beautiful and I’ve also never seen a glacier before. I saw 3.

The hut was actually a cabin. It was pretty big and it can fit 40 people at one time.

When we got there, the first thing we did was unpack the helicopter. After unpacking we had to wait for another shipment of supplies coming in. You will see this in the video but, the helicopter doesn’t land with the supplies. It hangs them underneath. Because I knew that we were doing this work, I wondered if someone would benefit something I did. Of coarse they would. We were helping to build a hut in the middle of mountain range! I was so happy that what I was doing would benefit the community. I was also very happy that I had a hard working God-mom. She started as the chief electrical engineer, but she worked so hard that they gave her a new position. Hopefully I can get a job that will give me these opportunities so I can then prove myself to my co-workers.

I hope you guys enjoy!