This is my last blog post on the Oregon trip. I am going to talk about the advertisements, the book I made on the trip and Oregon field study itself.

I constructed three advertisements whilst on the Oregon trip; an advocacy advertisement on tsunamis, a business advertisement on Flippin Chicken and a tourist advertisement on Fort Stevens. Each advertisement has one draft and I am going to talk about all of them.

Let’s start with the advocacy advertisement on tsunami evacuation plans. This advertisement shows a huge wave crashing down on unsuspecting people. It demonstrates the scale of tsunamis and the text tells people to have an evacuation plan ready as it is so important to be prepared.

The next advertisement is the business advertisement. I enjoyed this one because I got to go to Flippin Chicken and interview them to make an advertisement for their company. To get people to want to go to Flippin Chicken the advertisement shows some chicken wings, their logo and a caption saying “the best wings around”. I really liked creating this advertisement and I think that the result is great!

The final advertisement that I made on the Oregon trip was my advertisement for Fort Stevens. This is a tourist advertisement to try and bring in more tourists to Fort Stevens. The advertisement shows one of the huge guns at Fort Stevens and has a caption that says “visit the only mainland US military installation to be attacked in World War Two. I thought that an interesting fact along with the dynamic picture would grab people’s attention.

Find the mistake!

If I could go back and change some of the things that I would do differently, I would change a lot of things. This is because I looked over the advertisements whilst making this post and noticed they have spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. They really just need some polishing to make them look better and my learning from this is to read over my work a bit more carefully in the future.

Now that I have talked about the advertisements, I would like to talk about the second topic that I am going to cover, which is my book on the Oregon trip. CLICK HERE!

This book covers the things that I did while I was in Oregon, like where we went and what we did etc. I put a lot of time into this book and I am very proud of the work that is in it. I hope that it will tell you about everything that we did on the Oregon trip in detail if you are interested.

The final thing that I will talk about in this blog post is my review on the Oregon field study. The Oregon field study was the best thing I have done this year. I got to go to interesting places, meet cool people and carry out some amazing activities that were loads of fun and where I learned about so many things.

The Oregon field study was about us learning in different environments and actively learning by doing activities in the real world instead of in a classroom. I feel like this worked really well as I was able to learn things like the life cycle of a shrimp, the scientific method, how tsunamis work, how advertisements are designed and how to work in groups. I feel I was a bit too relaxed with the whole thing so if I could go back, I would be a bit more serious with the work and not treat it like a vacation.

The whole Oregon experience was a blast and I look forward to any future trips with PLP.