You don’t have to read the paragraph above, but it is recommended. To summarize it, my neighbours have a cat. Sometimes I go outside and sit with her on the step. The longer I sat there the more things I noticed!
1. She would rub the side of her cheek/chin against poles and walls
2. If I held out my hand she would come and smell it.
3. She loves being scratched under her chin and along her neck
4. She would stare at me and slowly blink her eyes
5. She would hold her tail strait up and quiver it
So I did some research and found out a whole lot about cats for answer’s to my questions/behaviours. I used a website called Cat Chat
1. When your cat is rubbing their cheek against me you is marking you as their territory
2. When you hold out your hand for your cat to come and smell it, it’s like saying hi to your cat and introducing yourself. Your cat will recognize your scent and come say hi back.
3. This one is kind of tied to the first question where when you scratch their chin, you are giving them the chance to mark you with their scent.
4. Scientists don’t know for sure but they think the reason your cat blinks at you is like a them saying “I love you”. They look at you without staring in a relaxed way.
5. When their tail is standing strait up it means that they are excited and/or happy.
Thanks for reading my week 4 student blogging chalenge!