Kira’s blog

Hello!!!

2

POUND AND GRAIN AND ALL ABOUT ADVERTISING

Pound and grain was such a great learning experience that only furthered my interest in advertising. When we entered the building to when we left it there was an immediate sense of creativity, a modern and energetic feeling! I knew right away that this was something I wanted do as a future job! 

So what is pound and grain? For starters Pound and grain is not a restaurant like I had originally thought. Pound and grain is what’s called a digital creativity agency not a advertising agency so right away you can tell that not only are they advertising other companies but their own. My teachers were able to book an appointment for us to talk to pound and grain about how they go about advertising and what they do.

(Pound and grain video) We had the opportunity to interview them because we were also doing a section on advertising, we were interviewing small town businesses and then creating a print advertisement. 

My group (Emily, Noah, Anders) and I choose a business called Ahoy https://ahoygoods.com to create our ads! As you can see my first draft had a pretty good layout and tag line, I was pretty confident in it! Unfortunately when we talked to ahoy about our first drafts, they immediately turned it down because they said that since they are a small town business they have limited stock, so instead of advertising items, to advertise the store as a whole. That might not seem like a huge problem but it threw us off and we had to completely re think our design plan.

What was so difficult for me and my group was that some how we had to try and advertise that this company sells clothing without advertising their clothing. I went from creative and full of ideas to not sure where to go, as you can clearly see in my second draft. I definitely was not proud of my ad. So I changed it, and this in my opinion was a really good ad and was definitely something I was proud of.

Yes the ad might have looked good but really would you have thought that this store sells clothing?! No! So yet another ad was in the process of creation the Ahoy ad 4.0!  This was an advertisement that i was proud of!

If you thought that was the end…

you were wrong.

Even after three drafts I learnt throughout this process that creating an  ad is a never ending process there is always something to change or tweak! What would you have done differently? Comment down below!!

Kira • October 29, 2018

Comments

1. Trisha March 10, 2020 - 9:07 am Reply

Hey Kira, I am also a blogger like you, and enjoy writing.
    Your entries are really cool, by the way
    I would love if you visit my blog site and tell me what you thought
    https://wondertrish.edublogs.org
    (thats my site)

• Kira March 10, 2020 - 1:20 pm Reply

Hi Trisha!
      Thanks for your comment! I really appreciate your compliments! I’ll make sure to check out your blog!

Have a awesome day!
      Kira