Luca’s Thoughts

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.

Blue Sky Project 2018

The final project that I did this year was the Blue Sky Project. The Blue Sky Project is a PLP project that is based off of a 3M program where they give there employees the opportunity to spend a portion of their time researching the next new invention. Our teachers use the same idea, although there are some changes they do to the actual project to make it much more gradable.

One of the changes is the integration of the launch cycle into our work. The launch cycle is a seven step proses starting with asking lots of questions, and ending in presenting to an audience.  I’m not going to go in-depth on the launch cycle because I have written a post directly related to the topic.  This year for Blue Sky, I decided to base my project on Fashion. I like Fashion an I think it plays a big part In my life. Another reason why I chose my topic is because of its relation ship with colour. Fashion and colour have always been a topic that I wanted to cover. I particularly like colour because of how it can bring out different emotions in different people.

I was able to combine colour and faction to make an answer to a daily problem I have had four about a year now. When I wake up in the morning It takes a long time to find an outfit that I think fits into my style. The way I fixed this problem was by creating a four geared machine that could pic out three colours and a shade for every day in a week.

I created many prototypes and encountered many problems along the way. One problem I faced was the creation of the gears. I didn’t realize that there was a certain physics to the creations gears and actually had to find an on line rig to be able to stencil the design on the poster material. After I mad my second prototype I Interviewed a costume designer named Cali, she was able to provide some insight on my project that I needed. One point that she made was that you should plan your outfit to your setting.

An aspect of my final project that I liked was the accessibility of the product. Also, I like that it could actually be used in a work scenario.