Luca’s Thoughts

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.

Project: Live Event!

Since we have been studying video for the last few projects, it was no surprise that we had to cover a live event. The project consisted of three main steps in making good content. Pre-productions, Filming, and Post-production. For the Pre-production aspect of the movie  we had to create an action plan. This action plan was a strait forward way of combining a screenplay and a shot list. When creating my action plan I had to take into consideration all of the shots guaranteed to be accessible at the live event. My live event was the Seycove swim meet. I chose this live event because I could get a verity of different camera angles. 

At the swim meet I collected as many shots as I could, So that it would be easier to edit the video later. One part of the project I haven’t mentioned yet is the interview. I decided to interview myself because I could really control what was said. When I went back and edited later I added video over the interview audio. One shot I made sure to include was the close up shot. This shot was crustal in creating an action pact video later on. 

Finally I set to work editing my video. I first added the music adding shots so that they would line up. This gave the effect of what some people call a “sports edit”. It’s always important to add a title, and an establishing shot to the beginning of your video, so that the viewer understands what they are watching.

Next I added the interview so that it would cut smoothly almost like they caught me after the meet. It was also important at this stage to make sure that I had enabled a fade in from black and fade out to black on my movie to make it look professional. You can do this by going in to the setting on your iMovie. Once I added the Video on top of my interview Audio, and felt satisfied with my end result, I handed in my final product. 

I learned  some new skilled from this project. One new skill I learned was he action plan. I had never learned about using action plans partially because we have never used a Iive event as our core inspiration for a project, and partially because using a screenplay and shot list is much more trust worthy in most other situations. Another skill I learned from this project was interviewing. Even though we have done interviews in the past, I learned that you have to be very specific with your question, and how important it is to already know how you want the interview to go. In hindsight I really liked this project, all though I wish that my other class mates decided to tackle a non staged live event so that hey could have learned some of the same skills I did.