Destination Imagination(DI) is finally over for my group.

Going to provincials was one crazy experience. If you haven’t read my previous blog post about destination imagination click here. In the previous post on DI I talked about what it is and how we do our challenge. This blog is going to be about the experience of provincials and the trophy’s and medal’s my class one.

As you would know if you read my other post I was in the improve team. Our team had 4 members, Jessie, Maggie, Lauren, and I. The day of DI provincials my mom picked my whole team up for a carpool. We got lots of snacks including 50 pack Tim bits. When we got there we took our box and poster to the cafeteria. The school was Kwantlen Park Secondary in surrey. Unfortunately we had left the house to early and we got there 30 minutes early. The teachers weren’t there so we had nothing to do.

This is the school

As we watched more people come I got more nervous. Eventually are classmates and teachers came and we went to the gym with our posters. The women speaking told us there were 99 teams and that got me more freaked out. We waited a while after that going around watching people’s performances. My group and I decided to watch the other improve groups performance so we would have a better understanding of what to expect. Then it was are time to perform are main challenge.

Our poster

After our performance I was so relieved it was over. I felt like we did do better than last time but it still wasn’t the best. We were hanging out for some bit then it was instant challenge time. The instant challenge went really great so we were all pleased.

At around 4 o’clock it was time for the ceremony. My group was a little late but it was still okay. Then the women speaking said improve challenge and we all started paying attention. We thought we wouldn’t get anything but then they said imagination mechanics one first place in instant challenge. I personally got so excited, and we all went up to get are trophy and medals.
After that are school kept on getting trophies and medals. In total Seycove was able to get 12 trophies.
My groups instant challenge trophy

All the things Seycove has one

With all that happened I am happy that we got to experience Destination Imagination. My group got 4th place in our team challenge and 1st place in our instant challenge.