Hello blog readers,

Term 2 is finally done which means so is our science unit. For this unit we have learned all about elements, atoms, matter, the periodic table, Bohr models, and covalent and ionic bonding. Since the main thing we learnt was ionic and covalent bonding we got a project on it.

Before the project started we created a mind map about chemistry. This map map shows the amount of knowledge I had on the topic before hand.

Then when the unit finished we made another mind map showing what I learned.

Here are my notes I did this unit.

Now comes the project. For this project we were in groups of two. We were supposed to choose a chemical family from the periodic table and make a animation on it. In this project we were supposed to show covalent and ionic bonding. My group member was Lauren.

The elements we picked for this project was Oxegen, Hydrogen, Carbon, and Lead. Then we made the script.

After we finished the script we did the animations and got our friends to be some of the character voice overs.

Here is the final video.

For this project I think we did really well. We were able to fully show covalent and ionic bonding and Bohr models. Now that the unit is over I’m ready for spring break.