Poetry

So recently in PLP we have been doing a poetry unit. The class and I have learned about many poetry terms and styles that we have now been able to apply to our own poems! some of my favourite terms from my poetry vocabulary are the following.

: Cliche Is an overused expression or term Example: Life is like a box of chocolates
: Metaphor It’s a comparison between two unlike.
: Imagery Words and phases that appeal to our senses.
: Euphony Words of phrases that sound good to the ear Example.

By knowing these terms making good poems is a lot more fun and easy! During this unit I have made a lot of poems that all have the same thing in common. A theme of world view. This had made making all of my poems unique difficult. This was a great challenge because it really got me to think outside of box of worldview. I looked at it from many different perspectives. For example one of my poems was specifically about First Nations world view. And another robe about diversity. This really goes to show how broad the topic of worldview really is. This unit has also really improved my righting and speaking style. It has really expanded my vocabulary.

To wrap up this unit and show case our favourite poems we made a book to display them in! Each one of my unique poems has its own page. I wanted to keep the look of my boom very simple and clean so that you could really focus on the poems and how they make you feel.
Here is my favourite poem

World view is a song
It has so many melodies you can’t be wrong
The song we sing has infinite voices
There is definitely a lot of choices
But the song changes everyday
The different views just want to play.
The way you see can not be wrong
Because world view is a song.

My poem here is metaphor poem. It’s a comparison between two unlike things.. The odd comparison here is world view to a song. I like this poem because of its message The massage is that everyone’s world view is very different and unique.