Destination imagination!

So recently in PLP we went to destination imagination and it went quite well! Destination imagination is a large competition for kids from all over to compete in. There are many different categories that you can compete in. These categories are
: technical. The students compete a task using engineering and a lot of strategic thinking.
: scientific. This involves a lot of research along with some theatre and arts presentation
: engineer this challenge involves a lot of building out of a list of materials
: fine arts. group is asked to use there acting research and artistic skills to create something.
: improvisational. This group uses spontaneous story telling, the group is given props for fun!
: service learning. The students become engaged in public service.

My group and I were in the fine arts topic. This was a very challenging topic to have. We really had to bring out our inner artist to make it special. This is The reason I chose fine arts because I have a passion for art and design.

Here’s the challenge The team will present a story about how the disappearance of a single colour changes a world. This meant how the the world would be affected by its disappearance and how it changes the world. But it’s not just the colour leaving and that’s that it shows how it changes culture, emotions, nature etc. The story may be set in any location and any time period.

Here is us I the middle of making our rainbow!

But that’s not all. In our play we also had to have a colourful character as the main person and show how there life changes after the colour is vanished. Speaking of vanish we also had a disappearance act! Whether it was a colour at character it had to be cool.

So here’s what our story was! A long long time ago there was a family that lived In an imaginary land called Summerville. But this was not any old normal family no they were colour goddesses! Each colour of the rainbow had a very important job for Summerville that corresponded with there colour. The most important colour goddess of the rainbow was purple her name was amythst and she was the protector of the gems of the rainbow. This was a very important job because if a gem went missing then a colour from the world would be too!

About a quarter way throughout our story a grey and mysterious character steals the yellow gem and the colour yellow disappears from the world!! This is wear a vanishing act comes onto play. The group and I had made a beautiful light up rainbow. But when I unplug a certain cord yellow disappears from the rainbow.

Meanwhile in the story all of the colour goddesses are in a panic looking for who took the gem. Yellow had a lot of damage on the town first of all the characters lost energy and happiness along with the rest of the town. Then the whole environment started changing! The green trees turned blue because if you take yellow away from green you end up with blue. This threw us a big curve ball because we ended up having to by more costumes, props and had to completely redo the script after realizing this.

Anyways the thief ends up being found!! And who is it? An ex rainbow goddess named charcoal. She was banned from the rainbow because she caused 50 years of grey and gloom over the town because she couldn’t control her powers. After some hesitation she returns the gem and is forgiven for her mistakes and returns to being the colour god of weather!

A these are all of the prizes!

0 comments