Exploration comic

So recently in PLP we have done a small project that is really fun! I’ll explain it to you. So basically we have a group of 4 (Jamie, Emily, and Syrah) and we have to collaborate on making a comic about 1 famous explorer, our explorer was Juan Rodriguez his big discovery was and mission was Him ending up finding San Miguel (now San Diego bay) with 3 others boats by his side. he unfortunately misses San Francisco, and finds San Monica, and the coast of Monterey bay in his life time but it all paid off by finding San Diego. In San Diego he enjoyed meeting new people and was very friendly with the natives.

Here is my part of the comic

This comic was very fun to make because I love art! I haven’t done a lot of drawing in a while which is a shame but I’m very happy that I drew the pictures because it really reminded me of how much I love art and drawing. To do these pictures I used sketches pro ( really fun to use ) and got to work.

The other day we had a group critique with the class and it went…. ok. Half way through the class we realized that we put the pages in the wrong order! Let’s just say we didn’t get the best feed back. After that we printed more pictures so that we are ready for the next critique.

What I learned from this is to always check your work before you present it because you wouldn’t what happened to us to happen. I also learned that I should always communicate with my group before hand so that we all know what’s going on and if the project is ready.

0 comments