CreekSecrets— Beginnings

“To learn to read is to light fire; Every syllable that is spelled out is a spark”

It’s a new school year, and we have new projects!!!

For our humanities class, we are reading some pretty cool books to answer our driving question;

My choice of book was;

I’ve read this book before and I’ve also seen the movie, but I really really like it and this was my chance to try reading it in a new and different environment, with new people and other views.

I chose to read this book again because I like hearing other people’s views on some things I already love and care about. 

Now I’ve read this book before, so I know how it ends. But I am going to see if reading it in a new environment can help me with a new outlook on it. 

My prediction for this book is that it is going to be a feel-good yet suspenseful story full of some hard choices and times, and some really good, funny ones as well. 

I really love Simon VS The Homo Sapiens Agenda, so this unit should be fun.

Since there is a lot of reading involved in this unit, it only makes sense that we would be making videos to explain what we’ve been reading so far!

So that’s what we did.

To show our knowledge of the chapters we’ve read so far in humanities, we have made these short little videos explaining three scenes from the book so far.

I am working in a group with people reading the same book as me, these people are;

Luca J, Maggie, Morgan, and Kai.

This is the video;

In secene one, we have Martin Addison taking photos of Simon’s private emails to his anonymous internet friend, Blue.

In scene two, we have Simon and his friend Leah, Nick, and Abby, eating lunch and enjoying themselves.

In scene three we have Blue, Simon’s online friend, replying to one of his email.

Please excuse the “We’re all crazy and end-of-day-insane-and-giggly” in our chapter explanations.

We’re crazy.