🌲How have I demonstrated growth as a learner so far this year?🌲

🌲How can I sharpen my Learning Plan to ensure I will reach my learning targets by the end of this school year?🌲

🌲Hello and welcome back to the forest of learning! This blog post is different compared to the other posts on my blog. I will not be reflecting on a project but instead reflecting on my growth as a learner this year. This post is a part of my mPol or “Midyear Presentation of Learning”. The mPols are a huge part of the PLP program and this will be my first time partaking in it! This post will collectively answer the two driving questions above. I hope you enjoy seeing my growth so far this year as well as seeing my own answer to the driving questions.🌲

—————————————————————————————————————

Declaration of Learning:

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

Learning plan reflection:

Reflect on your learning disposition, habits, and systems

🧠My full learning plan🎯

I believe I am doing an excellent job at working to achieve my Learning Plan so far this year. I have been actively working on my habits and systems to ensure that I produce my best work while also keeping a healthy mindset. My main goal this year was to complete homework with less stress, and, I believe I still have a lot to continue and strengthen in that area!

Core Competencies Evaluation:

Revisit and evaluate your chosen Core Competency profiles

Communication

I am very proud of my work towards meeting these “Communicating” and “Collaborating” competencies. I have been actively improving them in every course this year, and I am excited to continue growing to become a master at communication! I think that at this point of the year, I have accomplished these skills. I believe I can still grow in this area, but I am very proud of the progress I have made.

Thinking

I believe “Thinking” is one of my biggest strengths. I see myself as a very Creative Thinker and exemplify this in my work. I strengthen these skills constantly, and I believe I have met my goal at accomplishing this core competency as a whole. “Critical and Reflective Thinking” is probably the number one competency I excel in, and I have definitely achieved my goals for this skill. I am very happy with the progress I have made so far this year!

Personal and Social

Out of every Core Competency, “Personal and Social” requires the most improvement. “Personal Awareness  and Responsibility” is a skill that I definitely have plenty to improve upon. I have been working towards accomplishing that skill, however I believe I have still not fully met it just yet. I believe, for the rest of the skills in this area, I have been showing immense improvements from the beginning of the year, and I hope to accomplish them this year!

Reflecting on my courses this year:

Reflections from Humanities and Scimatics (Maker 9 is not included as we have not completed any projects in Maker just yet)

`HUMANITIES 9

This semester, in Humanities 9, we completed three projects. We completed “People and the Environment”, “Revolutions on Trial”, and we are just now finishing the project “Working With Words”. Humanities is a course that I find I often experience my most extreme FAIL ‘s and biggest successes.

My biggest FAILS and Successes in this course:

FAILS:

• Stress controlling my quality of work
  • Standards constantly change causing me to not feel satisfied with my work
  • Not listening to myself and my boundaries
  • Pushing myself too hard
  • Poor time management (in some cases)

Successes:

• Confident with my deep understandings
  • Producing high quality work
  • Enjoyment and interest in topic reviewed
  • Constant growth and ability to improve with feedback

So far I believe I have demonstrated my best work in the project “Revolutions on Trial”. This is because I grew so much in this project. It was a huge turning point when it came to my public speaking skills, teamwork, and producing some of my best work.

⬇️A demonstration of my high quality work in this project⬇️

A specific example of something I believe I could have improved on is my time management skills in our most recent project “Working With Words”. I was not responsible with my stress levels, and did a poor job at prioritizing tasks, which, is usually a strength of mine in this course, however it is something that I am constantly growing to improve. That being said,  I also think that this was my one of my favourite projects so far this year.

SCIMATICS 9

In Scimatics this year we have completed three projects. “Exponent Laws”, “Correlation vs Causation”, and “Chemistry Stories”. I found that every project this year has challenged me in a different way that overall contributed to making me a better learner.

FAILS:

• Not feeling confident in my understanding of concepts reviewed
  • Feeling unsatisfied with the work I produce
  • Stress impacting the quality of my work
  • Poor collaboration skills (allowing myself to do most/all of the work)

Successes:

• Deep understandings of the topics reviewed
  • Ability to grow and improve with feedback
  • Ability to encourage myself and stay motivated
  • Finding a love for the concepts reviewed

I found that one example of a project I excelled in was the project “Chemistry Stories”. In this project, I demonstrated a sustained curiosity about the scientific concepts we reviewed, and also improved immensely on my personal motivation, encouragement, technological, and time management skills. I worked efficiently to create an informational, scientifically accurate, and humorous animation!

One thing I would want to improve in Scimatics is learning to be more confident in myself in class. I really want to focus on contributing to the classroom through answering and asking questions so that I can be happy with my own understandings of the important concepts we are reviewing. 

My Demonstration of Revision, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Production of High Quality Work 

Be able to discuss your demonstrations of revision, teamwork, responsibility, and

production of high quality work as a PLP learner

This year I have demonstrated revision in every one of my projects. I revise as I go, however a specific example of my revision this year was all of my drafts when writing my letter about the environment in my “People and the Environment” project.

In “Revolutions on Trial”, I demonstrated responsibility and leadership within a team setting. I believe I excel at working with a group to complete high quality work. I can always improve, however I am extremely proud of the work I produced, my personal initiative and responsibility I showcased, and my ability to work well in a team setting.

Answering the big question:

How have I demonstrated growth as a learner so far this year?

This year, I am much more self aware of things I need to improve, which has allowed me to demonstrate my best growth through my work, habits, and systems. Looking at even just the beginning of the year, I have only grown to become a better learner.

How can I sharpen my Learning Plan to ensure I will reach my learning targets by the end of this school year?

I believe I can sharpen my learning plan through revising my habits, systems, and disposition to be more specific and accurate to the new challenges that I have identified within myself this year.

🌲 I appreciate all of my support from my family, friends, peers, and teachers that constantly help improve who I am as a learner and person. I hope you enjoyed seeing my growth so far this year, and I look forward to another reflection in my end of the year presentation in the future!🌲

as always, thank you for watching me grow in the forest of

🌲learning🌲

—————————————————————————————————————

🌟Special thanks to myself for being an awesome learner this year! – I am so proud of you.🌟