Spring Exhibition!

The spring exhibition much like the winter exhibition is a presentation of learning and projects for the world to see. In this exhibition us grade eights had three things open for presentation, the blue sky project(the main thing), the science project and the time machine project. I am going to split this blog into three parts. The first being about the blue sky the second on the science and the third on the time machine.

After destination imagination we got started on the final maker unit, blue sky. This is a project that PLP does and it focuses on making and designing a product. To start this unit we looked at the launch journal. This is a product launch book designed for all ages. These steps are used by many people. We also watched a show about some of the smartest people on earth fining a solution to a problem in a limited amount of time. Then we got to work on the rollercoaster project. For this we had to use the launch sequence to create a roller coaster (a mini one) in a couple classes. Our roller coaster ended up looking and working quite well. Here us the video of the marble going down the final product.

Then we got started on the real products. First we had to brainstorm and think of some ideas. I will include my final product down below, it has all my launch stages. I came up with the idea of a hockey training surface that is very cheap. I liked this idea so I took it farther and decided it would be the one I would pitch to Ms. Willemse. So I did and she liked it. I got approved and got on to finish my launch phases. I did a the rest of the journal and I finally got to the create phase. Before I got to create I had to get approved. So I went and made sure everything was right in my launch journal and then I finally got the ready to create. I started of by getting the materials I would need. I got the plastic for the training surface and I also decided that I would include a stick handling trainer and a passing trainer. I made the stick handling trainer first by cutting a hockey stick and attaching it to two legs so it would stand upright. Then I did the passer. The idea for was when you shot a puck against it, it would rebound off and back to your stick. I made this by having a bike inner tube stretched between two posts on other ends of the board. All these designs worked and it was very good. The exhibition was now upon us and boom it went along without a hitch. I showed my product and people got to try it out and also got to shoot on the hockey net that we brought. It is now time to talk about the other two aspects of the exhibition. https://youtu.be/RjZmutkFafs

the science portion of this thing was the telescope project. This was a science project where we had to research a telescope that has taken pictures from or of outer space. Our group did the spitzer space telescope. This has a infrared camera and it is getting destroyed in a couple of years. Here is my project.

now I will talk about my final addition to the exhibition, the time machine. This was a huge project and I just made a blog on it so here is the link.

in the end this was a very fun projects and experience and I hope you enjoyed the blog post. Have a good day.