Summer Blogpost

Welcome back to my blog, today I am going to speak about something that I did over the summer. This is the first blog post I have to do for school in grade 9 so let’s get right into it. The assignment with this post was to write about something that we have discovered this summer. My favourite thing I did this summer was go to a place that me and my friends call “The Spot”, I know it’s kind of a stupid name but we couldn’t come up with anything else so we stuck with it. I found this place with a couple of my friends earlier in the summer, and I have to say it’s probably one of the coolest places I have been in Canada. It’s not that far away, its about 25 minutes away from the kayak centre in the cove and pretty hard to get to. It is right underneath quarry rock and if you know quarry rock you know that the view is amazing, that’s one of the things that makes The Spot so cool. If you get there early in the morning you get the perfect view of the sunrise and it’s probably the best one I have ever seen in my life.

image

Another thing that’s makes this spot so cool is you get the best view of the beginning of the Indian arm, this where all the boats come and go and sometimes you can see big tanker ships moored up near cates park. This is surprisingly entertaining if you just really lie down on the rock and watch them go by. This brings me to my next point which is the awesome places to lie down down and chill for a bit. There is just one big rock that is on a slope that goes right down into the ocean which is perfect for sunbathing and just lying down if you are tired, it also makes a good place to jumping off of.

The spot on the right is where you can sunbathe and jump off

image

image

That is another thing The Spot is good for, jumping off high rocks into the ocean, but don’t worry it’s safe and the water is deep. One of the last things that makes The Spot so cool is that it is totally isolated form everything else and very peaceful so you will not get disturbed while you are there. This is a very nice feature because you will not get annoyed by loud tourists unlike the rest of deep cove. Finally because this place is underneath quarry rock and right near the ocean it makes for some very fun and nice hiking. While we were there the second time two of my friends hiked up past quarry rock and down again to see what was up there. Overall this spot is coolest place I have been in Canada and really brings out the beauty in Deep Cove and in North Vancouver.