The Final Post

Blue sky is one project that we do at the end of every school year. Over the past month we have been working very hard to create something that we would be able to show at our year end exhibition at the school. There were a few things that were different this year than previous years but the base of it was still the same. We had to come up with a solution that solves a problem in the world no matter how big or small. This year we had to base our project off of one of 17 sustainable health goals made by the UN. We were put into groups and each given one of these goals to work on. In my group was Robbie, Sydney and Mimi. The goal that we would be working on is for good health and well-being. Everything that we did for this project would based around this goal and in the end how we decorated and showed our projects at the exhibition. 

To start this project I had to look at what the UN wanted to complete for this goal and try to find something that I could use. A lot of what was in the goal was to do with fixing disease and providing proper health to poor countries around the world. These were things that I could not really do by myself so I picked a small problem and came up with a solution to it. One thing that I found in poor countries in their daily lives or after a natural disaster is that most pole lack the most basic things they need to stay healthy. Instead of hundreds of people going to large relief stations and hospitals for minor health problems I created a small kit that has everything in it that you would need stay healthy and safe for a while. This was something that can be given out to people with less serious health problems so the ones that desperately need help can get it faster and easier. 

The next thing that I had to do was research. I found all the different problems that these people would have and ask myself, what would be the best and easiest way to solve them? This would be the question that I would keep coming back to and try to answer throughout the project. I had to research many different problems that were common in these types of situations and what solutions there could be to help fix them. For example in poor countries most of the diseases and sicknesses come from bad water and from mosquitoes so those were some of the things that I aimed to fix in my kit. Most of this information I got from researching online about different problems that people have and that’s what gave me ideas of what to put in the kit. This project was something I knew would be changing constantly and I would have to be constantly researching and finding new solutions to my problem. 

After the research it was time to actually create my project and fix the problem that I had found earlier. Most of what I needed to do to fix this problem was to go out buy things that I needed to put into the kit. Some of the first things that I put into the kit were tooth brush, bandaids and mosquito sparky plus more. This was the first prototype and I would use the basis of this for my next one. One main peace of feedback that I got was this was mainly focused in the physical health of people and not the mental health. This was something that shy I wanted to include in my final prototype. I wanted to focus more on the young kids so I included some basic toys and game tools that kids can use to have fun. Instead of worrying about their family or what is going on around them these things will distract them and give them something to have fun with. In the end this was my final product and my solution to the problem I found. 

As the final large project for the year this was something that was very interesting to me. Not only dod I learn a lot about problem solving and asking the right questions I also learned a lot about a lot of the problems that are going on in the world right now. Looking at all of the different things going wrong in poor countries really opened my eyes to see how different parts of the world are. This project was something that I wanted to do and therefore I followed my interests and created something I wanted to make to help people. I really hope that one day something like this can be used or, better yet, not have need for anything like this because everything in the world will be equal and safe. Thank you very much for reading this post and I hope you learned something while going through it.